Monday, May 10, 2010

LEMON-COCONUT CAKE

Friday night I had some friends over for a burger-themed dinner. We bought some veggie burgers, and I made some pressure-cooked baked beans and potato salad. I planned on putting the bean recipe on my blog, but they didn’t turn out the way I wanted them to. The big hit of the evening was the lemon-coconut cake I made for dessert. I stole this recipe from my friend Julia’s blog and she stole it from Vegenomicon. The coconut milk makes the cake so moist and yummy. The recipe calls for a Bundt pan, but Julia used a 9x13 rectangular pan, and I used a taller 9x9 square pan. All seem to work fine. I topped the cake off with lemon icing.

The cake recipe is here.

LEMON ICING

2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup Earth Balance, softened
2 tbsp soy milk
juice and zest from one lemon

1. With an electric mixer set at low speed, cream the sugar and margarine (I did this by handand it worked just fine).
2. Beat in the soy milk and lemon juice. Stir in the lemon rind.

No comments:

Post a Comment